The CLIMB Newborn Screening Conference will be exploring four new conditions on the newborn screening programme, as well as current metabolic conditions.
Midwives will have the opportunity to find out more about conditions that affect infants, including MCADD, PKU, Maple Syrup Disease and Glutaric Aciduria Type 1.
- Dr Mark Sharrard – Sheffield Children’s Hospital
- Julie Wilcox – Public Health England
- Honorary Professor Jim Bonham
- Briony McNelly and Mairead McLoughlin – Salford Royal Hospital
- Elaine Salmons – Birmingham Children’s Hospital
Tickets cost £10 per delegate, which includes refreshments throughout the day and lunch.
The CLIMB Newborn Screening Conference will be held at the ICC in Birmingham on Saturday 10 October 2015.
The conference is being organised by CLIMB, the leading UK organisation for Inherited Metabolic diseases.
CPD accreditation has been applied for the conference.
For more information about the conference and to register your place visit CLIMB’s website here.
Keep up to date with the latest news from MIDIRS by signing up to our e-newsletter. Sign-up