Applications for the Iolanthe Midwifery Awards will be accepted from 3 December 2019 until 3 February 2020.
The awards offer NMC-registered midwives, student midwives and those wishing to return to practice the opportunity to undertake professional education or fund a project that contributes towards improving midwifery practice.
Financial awards are available to midwives who can demonstrate that their research, further education or project is relevant to midwifery and will lead to improvements in care through practice, education, research or management studies.
The maximum award available is £1,500.
Eligible projects could include:
- Courses to increase academic status
- Training courses to develop specialist skills
- Travel expenses to conferences as a delegate or to share research findings
- Developing services for pregnant women in a local hospital or within the community
- Assistance with academic fees for PhD studies
- Funding study days for local midwives
- Undertaking midwifery research that will positively impact midwives, women, babies and/or families
Applications can only be made online.
The Iolanthe Midwifery Awards for 2020 will be announced in April 2020.
Keep up to date with the latest research and news from MIDIRS by subscribing to our quarterly academic journal. Subscribe to MIDIRS Midwifery Digest