County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust (CDDFT) will be hosting their ‘Caring for women/caring for each other’ conference on Friday 5 May 2017.
The conference will act as a celebration of midwifery as part of International Day of the Midwife 2017.
Guest speakers and their topics include:
- Baroness Cumberlege, National Maternity Review and Better Births Programme
- Professor Jacqueline Dunkley-Bent (NHS England), Midwifery without statutory supervision. Results for pilot sites
- Dr Lesley Choucri, chemistry of connection: working together, looking out for each other
- Hannah Bissett and Ann Hodgson, perinatal mental health: a mother’s perspective/midwives’ role
- Mr Duncan Irons/WardHadway Solicitors, legal aspects – maternity
- Dr Louise Robertson, each baby counts
- Gill Adgie, RCM Caring for You campaign
- Joanne Rogers, yoga following lunch
Tickets for the event are £10 for CDDFT staff, £50 for external staff and £25 for student midwives.
The ‘Caring for women/caring for each other’ conference is accredited by the UNICEF Baby Friendly Initiative.
A buffet lunch is included in the ticket price.
The conference will be held at the Xcel Centre, Newton Abbot Aycliffe from 8:30am until 4:30pm.
For bookings and enquiries, please e-mail Beverley Lynch at: Beverley.Lynch1@nhs.net or call: 01325 743 140.
Keep up to date with the latest research and news from MIDIRS by subscribing to our quarterly academic journal. Subscribe to MIDIRS Midwifery Digest