High-quality, evidence-based information for researchers, educators, students and health practitioners working at the heart of maternity and infant care
How to subscribe
If your university or hospital library does not have access to Maternity and Infant Care, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Alternatively, we recommend you forward these details to your health information department or librarian.
Request a trial
To request a trial, quote or further information please visit Ovid’s website.
Our short video takes less than 4 minutes to view and provides a succinct overview of how Maternity and Infant Care can help you in your research and practice.
About Maternity and Infant Care*
- A key information resource used by maternity health care professionals and student midwives worldwide to support their research, practice and study requirements
- A bibliographic database covering over 400 English-language journals and other sources
- Over 550 topic-focused pre-prepared literature searches available to browse
- Approximately 1000 new records added each month
- Key topics ranging from the antenatal to postpartum period
- Access available for Institutes via the OvidSP platform
MIDIRS quarterly journal, MIDIRS Midwifery Digest, can also be accessed via OVID. Email email@example.com for details. Alternatively, we recommend you forward these details to your university or hospital librarian.
If you are having trouble accessing any of the links in this page, please call MIDIRS Enquiry Service on 0117 370 6799 between 9 am – 5 pm (Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays) or email
firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
*Maternity and Infant Care is also known as MIDIRS Reference Database