Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to maternity HCPs, students and allied health professionals in the UK and overseas.
- Both individuals and organisations (e.g. associations/societies/universities) can enter.
- All photos, captions and stories must be submitted by email by 31st May 2018.
- No more than two images per entry will be accepted.
- Photographs submitted must never have previously been published or won a photographic competition.
- All entries must be accompanied by a photo caption of 50 words and a separate 200 word description of the story behind the photograph.
- 12 images will be selected in total by Nancy Durrell McKenna by 15th June 2018.
- All 12 winning entrants will be notified by email by 1st July 2018.
- 1 image out of the 12 will be selected as overall winner and will receive in the post a signed copy of Nancy Durrell McKenna’s book In SafeHands.
- All 12 selected images will be announced and appear on midirs.org.
- Some or all of the 12 selected images (depending on the quality of each image), will appear in one issue of MIDIRS Midwifery Digest.
- Entrants who submit images which include women, babies or parents (whether in the UK or overseas), and which feature in the final 12 images chosen, MUST have the written consent and/or prior permission of those involved for the photo to be published on MIDIRS website and potentially in MIDIRS Midwifery Digest.
Keep up to date with the latest research and news from MIDIRS by subscribing to our quarterly academic journal. Subscribe to MIDIRS Midwifery Digest