Speakers confirmed to attend the event include: Ina May Gaskin, Sheena Byrom OBE and Professor Hannah Dahlen, who will present talks on various maternity topics.
Speakers will be presenting the following maternity topics:
- Midwife Ina May Gaskin – Instinct and Movement in Birth
- Sheena Byrom OBE – Creating the Birth Space in Midwifery Units
- Professor Hannah Dahlen – Hospital, Home, Birth Center: Does It Matter Where The Birth Happens?
- Dr Andy Simm – Gentle Caesareans and Gentle Care in Obstetrics
- Dr Gloria Esegbona – The Biomechanics of Birth and Perineal Trauma
- Dr Suzanne Zeedyk – The Science of Neurobiology: Connecting Mothers and Babies
- Midwife Tracy Donegan – Who Cares About You? Self-Care for Birth Workers
Chairing the conference is Gillian Smith MBE.
To coincide with the conference, the MaMa Awards will be held during the evening on Friday 28 April, recognising the outstanding contribution midwives and allied health professionals provide to maternity services.
The award categories are: Midwife of the Year, Doula of the Year, Maternity Support Worker of the Year, Antenatal Teacher of the Year, NNU of the Year, Student Midwife of the Year, Birth Centre of Year, Maternity Innovator of the Year, Service of the Year and Charity of the Year.
The closing date for nominations is Thursday 16 March 2017.
Offer for midwifery students
The MaMa Conference is offering a 50% discount on delegate tickets for two students per midwifery society. The offer is now available following overwhelming support from exhibitors attending the event.
Student midwives who wish to use this offer can call the MaMa Conference team on: 01563 851 404 or e-mail: email@example.com.
Applications close Monday 3 April 2017
The 7th annual MaMa Conference will be held at the Princess Royal Suite, Ayr Racecourse, Ayr, Scotland from 28 April to 29 April 2017.
For more information and how to book your tickets, visit the MaMa Conference here.
Keep up to date with the latest research and news from MIDIRS by subscribing to our quarterly academic journal. Subscribe to MIDIRS Midwifery Digest