‘Maternity care: Building relationships really does save lives’ is a three-week e-learning resource that can give midwives an insight into how relationships between women and midwives can transform maternity care.
This e-learning course looks at the following:
- The current issues in maternity care and its effect on women, babies and families, as well as midwives and maternity support workers
- Why moving to relationship-based maternity care can save lives
- What relationship-based care involves
- Outlining the framework that best facilitates high quality relationship-based care
- Examples of how this mode of care is adopted in practice
- Affecting change from grassroots level
- Practical way in which you can help relationship-based care become available
By the end of the course, you should be able to identify key issues in the current provision of maternity care, understand why relationship-based maternity key can improve outcomes for families and be able to describe the organisational model that can facilitate this mode of care.
This course is available to anyone who is looking to improve maternity services such as: midwives, policy makers, planners and consumers of maternity care.
The ‘Maternity care: building relationships really does save lives’ online course has been developed by Griffith University.
The course is available for free, however unlimited access and a certificate as evidence of completion requires a fee of £52.
Registration is now open to begin the course Monday 20 November 2017.
For more information and to register for the course, please visit the Future Learn website here.
Keep up to date with the latest research and news from MIDIRS by subscribing to our quarterly academic journal. Subscribe to MIDIRS Midwifery Digest