Maternity & Midwifery Festivals have launched a YouTube channel where subscribers will receive a new video each week featuring leading midwifery experts.
The YouTube channel also features highlights from their latest conferences, including their recent event Midlands Maternity & Midwifery Awards 2018.
Speaking about the latest event, Sheena Byrom OBE said: “The day was superb, with a wonderful contrast of speakers – from internationally known midwives to those doing amazing projects and work in their own localities.
“The day was well planned, so that some sessions were repeated to enable delegates to participate in more sessions.”
Subscribe to the Maternity & Midwifery Festivals YouTube channel here.
Maternity & Midwifery Festivals are now working towards their next events which will be held at the following locations:
- Northern Maternity and Midwifery Festival – Manchester Utd FC, Old Trafford, 26 June 2018
- Wales/South West Maternity and Midwifery Festival – Cardiff City Stadium, 20 September 2018
- Scotland Maternity and Midwifery Festival – Edinburgh Corn Exchange, 28 November 2018
These events will feature a range of influential speakers, including:
- Chief Midwifery Advisor & Associate Chief Nursing Officer, NHS Scotland – Professor Ann Holmes
- Public Health, Policy and Social Sciences, Swansea University Associate Professor – Professor Amy Brown
- School of Nursing and Health Sciences, University of Dundee, Senior Lecturer – Dr Andrew Symon
- Country Director for Scotland, The Royal College of Midwives – Mary Ross-Davie
- RCM Professor of Midwifery/Director, WHO Collaborating Centre for Midwifery Development, Cardiff University – Professor Billie Hunter
Keep up to date with the latest research and news from MIDIRS by subscribing to our quarterly academic journal. Subscribe to MIDIRS Midwifery Digest