Did you know that if you are a basic UK taxpayer, you may be able to claim tax relief on your professional subscription fees from HMRC?

HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) allow individuals to claim tax relief on professional subscriptions or fees which have to be paid in order to carry out their job.

You can also claim for subscriptions to professional bodies and trade unions, laundering of your uniform (if your employer does not provide you with free laundry facilities or cleaning vouchers) and for tights and shoes purchased as part of your uniform.

You can only claim tax relief via HMRC, so check if you are entitled to claim here.

RCM members

If you are an RCM Member click here for details on how to claim tax relief on your RCM subscription.

Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) registration

For more information about claiming tax relief on your Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) registration please click here.