The Mum & Baby Academy is a complementary CPD channel dedicated to helping midwives and other antenatal, postnatal and paediatric healthcare professionals meet their revalidation requirements.
The website offers a comprehensive choice of modules covering a wide range of topics. One of our team of consultant editors, who are leading academics in midwifery and related disciplines, reviews each module to ensure it is relevant, clinically accurate and independent. We regularly add new topics to the site – see below for our latest modules, which include:
- Aetiology and diagnosis of nappy rash
- Candidiasis in breastfeeding mothers
- Childseat car seats: Important information for midwives and health visitors
- Establishing good dental hygiene
- Folate & Vitamin D
- Infant gut microbiotic
- Management of infantile colic
- Optimising bonding and attachment between parents and baby
- Reducing post-caesarean complications
- Could this be neonatal sepsis?
Each module consists of an up-to-date review of the topic, focusing on the elements that are most pertinent to your practice. Our online assessment uses reflective learning and multiple choice questions to test your knowledge. You can receive a certificate that supports your revalidation when you complete the assessment. Our user friendly website allows you to save work in progress and offers a wide range of patient-support materials and other resources.
The Mum & Baby Academy is an educational initiative from Lifecycle Marketing, who also publish Emma’s Diary in association with The Royal College of General Practitioners and The Royal College of Midwives.
Find out more by visiting www.mumandbabyacademy.co.uk