Applications for the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Wellbeing of Women Doctoral Fellowship are now being welcomed for the fourth wave of funding.
The doctoral Fellowship funds individuals within health and social care professions to undertake a PhD in an area of NIHR research.
The Fellowship provides full salary support and protected time to conduct the research, PhD and research costs, and bespoke training and development programme to meet your needs.
Due to covid-19, applicants have more time to submit their applications. Requirements have also been removed for participants, signatories, and the host organisation statement at application stage.
The eligibility criteria are:
- For clinical academic applicants: completion of relevant pre-registration training
- For non-clinical applicants: completion of first degree
- Proposed host must be an English (or a participating devolved nation) HEI, NHS body or other provider of health and/or social care services
- The applicant intends to register for an complete a PhD
- Where already registered for a PhD (or MPhil with transfer to PhD), the applicant should not have been registered for more than 12 months at 100% WTE by the time the awards start.
The application for the Doctoral Fellowship Round 4 is Thursday 13 August 2020 at 1pm.
Further information can be found on the NIHR website
Keep up to date with the latest research and news from MIDIRS by subscribing to our quarterly academic journal. Subscribe to MIDIRS Midwifery Digest